GC Posted On: May 25, 2017

Manchester City and Manchester United have pledged a sum of £1million to assist those involved in the Manchester suicide terror attack last Monday.

Around 23 people were reported killed while 57 got injured as a result of a suicide attack that occurred at the Manchester Arena after Ariana Griande’s concert on Monday.

Both Manchester clubs have agreed to pull resources to help the victims’ family and dependants by pledging a sum of £1million to the We Love Manchester Emergency fund which had already raised a sum of £2million before the donation from the football clubs.

Chairman of Manchester City, Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: ‘We have all been humbled by the strength and solidarity shown by the people of Manchester in the days since the attack. The hope of both our clubs is that our donation will go some small way to alleviate the daunting challenges faced by those directly affected and that our acting together will serve as a symbol to the world of the unbreakable strength of the spirit of Manchester.’

Speaking of the collaboration, executive vice-chairman of Manchester United, Ed Woodward said: The barbarism of Monday evening’s attack has shocked everyone. Our clubs are right at the heart of our local communities in Manchester and it is right that we present a unified response to this tragedy. The money will help, of course but the work of the two clubs and their respective foundation and community scheme can build on the fantastic spirit that Mancunians have shown in the immediate aftermath.’


Previous Thread
A Die Har...
Next Thread
How Injur...

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys