GC Posted On: Jun 03, 2017

Chelsea legend John Terry has revealed that he had to use pain killing injections twice daily on his toe for one year under Jose Mourinho.

The 36-year-old left the Stamford Bridge at the end of last term after an trophy-laden career with Chelsea, wining a number of titles to become the most decorated player at the Blues.

Reflecting on his time at Chelsea, John Terry lifted lid on the period he was injected twice daily for one year on his toe because former boss Jose Mourinho wanted him to play every game.

He told Chelsea’s official website: “I remember in Jose Mourinho’s years he was desperate for me to play or train when I had a broken toe and a broken bone in my foot,

“I had to have two injections in my toe every day for a whole year, one before training and sometimes the doctor would have to come out and re-inject me because it wore off in training if it was a longer session than an hour,

“It was just a given for me. I played through the pain barrier numerous times. In the 2015 Premier League-winning season when I played every minute of every game, you just find a way.

“I would do it again tomorrow…it sounds crazy but you would give your life for the football club when they have given you so much over the years.

READ ALSO: (PHOTOS) World’s Most Expensive Keeper, Ederson Is Actually Covered In Amazing Tattoos

“You can’t but after games you do think ‘I did well to get through that one’, or there would be times before a game when you think ‘I am struggling here’.

Previous Thread
Juventus ...
Next Thread
FIFA Rank...

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys