Sellbeta Online Marketplace
GC Posted On: May 05, 2017
1 1 Total

Nigerian singer, songwriter, and photographer, Toyin Sokefun-Bello aka TY Bello, has made revelations of how she was sexually abused as a child. Speaking on Accelerate TV series, the popular singer-photographer made known that she was molested as a child and was negatively affected by the molestation during her formative years. In her words;

“I was sexually abused as a child. And because of that, I felt like there was something ugly about me that made me encounter that. This was not the abuser’s fault, this was me. I used to see other girls as flowers and I saw myself as dirty cement, hard and ugly. I never felt beautiful. Everything was wrong with me. I was hairy and it was a problem. I always attributed everything about me to be the reason someone took advantage of me.”

“I thought there was something wrong with me because if the others girls were like me perhaps they would be dirty like me but they were flowers. When a friend told me about salvation, she told me old things would be passed away and all things will become new. It was as if God could wash away that stench and I would become a girl because I didn’t feel like a girl.” She, however, gained relieve on discovering she wasn’t the only victim of sexual abuse.

Share it Let Friends Know

August 28, 2016 ( Post 6 )

LOVE IT

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys