GC Posted On: Mar 16, 2019

Brazilian defender Dani Alves has revealed he left Barcelona because the club officials ‘have no idea how to treat their players’.

The 33-year-old defender left the Catalan giants for Juventus after spending eight years at the Camp Nou, winning several laurels with the likes of Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta among others. But Dani Alves has now lifted the lid on the circumstances that led to his eventual departure.

Alves said in a revealing interview: ‘During my last three seasons I always heard that “Alves was leaving”, but the managers never said anything to me. They were very false and ungrateful. They did not respect me.

‘I was only offered to renew when the FIFA transfer ban came in. That was when I went and signed a deal with a termination clause.

‘Those who run Barcelona today have no idea how to treat their players.’

The full-back also talked about his relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo, dismissing suggestions that he hates the Portuguese star.

He said: ‘If people only knew how much I respect Cristiano Ronaldo. I will repeat it to make myself clear: I respect Cristiano Ronaldo.

‘When I spoke about him being too selfish, when you win you are going to be the star but when you lose they will go for you, so I said it in a very respectful way.

Previous Thread
BREAKING!...
Next Thread
Football ...

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys