Ebola: Nigeria vs DR Congo Friendly Match Not Under Threat — NFF
| || |
May 15, 2018 ( Post 1 )
The Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) 1st Vice-President, Seyi Akinwumi has disclosed that Nigeria’s friendly match against the DR Congo is not under threat in spite of the Ebola outbreak in the country.
Akinwumi stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Lagos.
He said that necessary precautionary measures had been put in place to forestall transmission of the deadly disease into Nigeria.
He said, “We will not jeopardise the health of Nigerians, we have notified the DR Congo Football Federation, while both presidents have met at the CAF committee and finalised issues.
“Beyond that, we have written to the Ministry of Health to have all those coming to Nigeria tested. However, most of the Dr Congo players for the match are foreign-based.
“To assure Nigerians, we will not risk anything for the match, there should be no fear at all.
“We are 100 per cent sure that everyone coming for the match will be subjected to test in Congo before coming and Nigeria before they go out.’’
Akinwumi added, “We are told that the news of Ebola outbreak in DR Congo happened in the remote village and not in the whole country, but we are also cautious about the health of Nigerians.
“We want the best for the national team in terms of preparation and prosecution of the World Cup proper. The fund raising we are planning for the team is a bonus too’’.
The Super Eagles are expected to play DR Congo on May 28, in Port Harcourt before the World Cup warm-up game against the Three Lions of England on June 2 at Wembley Stadium.
Share it Let Friends Know
Make A Reply Below!