Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Person For The 9th Consecutive Year (See Full List)
Aliko Dangote remains Africa’s richest person for the 9th consecutive year according to Forbes.
In the recently published rankings, Forbes also disclosed the continued presence of some long-standing billionaires, including Nassef Sawiris of Egypt and Strive Masiyiwa of Zimbabwe amongst other renowned continental business figures.
Below is the list of other Black Billionaires and their worth.
2. Nassef Sawiris $8 billion
3. Mike Adenuga $7.7 billion
4. Nicky Oppenheimer $7.7 billion
5. Johann Rupert $6.5 billion
6. Issad Rebrab $4.4 billion
7. Mohamed Mansour $3.3 billion
8. Abdulsamad Rabiu $3.1 billion
9. Naguib Sawiris $3 billion
10. Patrice Motsepe $2.6 billion
11. Koos Bekker – $2.5 billion
12. Yasseen Mansour – $2.3 billion
13. Isabel dos Santos – $2.2 billion
14. Youssef Mansour – $1.9 billion
15. Aziz Akhannouch – $1.7 billion
16. Mohammed Dewji – $1.6 billion
17. Othman Benjelloun – $1.4 billion
18. Michiel Le Roux – $1.3 billion
19. Strive Masiyiwa – $1.1 billion
20. Folorunsho Alakija – $1 billion
Observing the list closely and one would notice a sudden gulf between the first five names on the list and the rest of the chasing pack. In fact, the difference between the fortunes of the fifth-placed billionaire (Johann Rupert, $6.5 bn) and the sixth-placed name (Issad Rebrab, $4.4 bn) is more than half the wealth of the seventh-placed billionaire (Mohamed Mansour, $3.3 bn).
Such is the distance between the wealth of Africa’s top five wealthiest men and the rest of the continent.
Completing the list is the wealthiest woman in Nigeria, Folorunsho Alakija. With an estimated net worth of $1 bn, Alakija comfortably occupies the 20th position on the list.
MAD OO! M...
Share it Let Friends Know
Make A Reply Below!